As I enjoyed my break I spent time with family and friends but I am ready to get back to school and work. Lately, I have been stuck on what to post sooo I thought why not share my favourite beauty products of the year. This will be my first of this kind but hey why not!
When it comes to beauty I am no crazy guru, nor could I be bothered but I have my girly girl moments! I don’t want to say I am basic but honestly when it comes to make-up I dish the contour and highlight and stick to the simple stuff. Concealer and mascara are my best-friends! The same applies towards skin care. I have dry skin but find in the winter it becomes a combination of dry and oily. So here are my top go-to products of 2015 that are for my skin type and which I simply adore !
*I am about to purchase a new charger for my DSLR as I lost the original during my travels in Kenya. Until then iPhone 6 it is, I apologize in advance for the poor quality photos.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Wal-Mart for $11.27 This product pretty much felt as though it was “heaven sent.” It is perfect for your face and body, which is usually hard to find. My dry skin stays smooth throughout long busy days without any reapplication! I usually pick up a pack consisting of two 532 mL bottles plus a bonus purse size one from Costco for $15-$20, a better deal than one from Wal-Mart for $11.27!
- Dr. Brooners Virgin Coconut Oil Good Health for $15.99
Coconut Oil has been a recent trend in North America for a few years now. Upon continuously hearing about its benefits I thought “let me give it a try and test the hype.” Subsequently, I should have listened to my mother because it was just wrong for my coloured self. Initially I tried it as a facial moisturizer and it instantly made my face so dry, to the point of it flaking 😦 Then I tried it with my curly dry hair and boy did it just become drier. Therefore, it was one of those products I wasted my money on and had sitting in my cupboard for over two years.
Now after my recent car accident I began physiotherapy for a few months. Some of my treatments required using a gel serum in the areas affected. Thus, causing a break out and it was not pretty.Hence where the coconut oil came to the rescue! I began applying it for about two months and slowly noticed my skin clearing as it continuously got smoother. Woohoo to Coconut Oil! So I am glad I bought the pure oil which I was able to preserve and use much after purchasing. I picked this up from the Good Health Store at my local mall.
- Biore 4 in 1 Detoxifying Cleanser Wal-Mart for $10.97 I have been using this product for years now and I simply LOVE it! A small amount goes a long way. It gives your face a fresh cool feeling with a clear and bright finished look. I use to purchase it from Wal-Mart however I recently noticed they have discontinued it! So I am currently on the hunt to find it elsewhere before it runs out.
- First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser Sephora for $30
God has blessed me with great skin and I can not be more grateful! However, I broke out from a harsh product and it was the week of an important event (I cant remember what). Anyways this cleanser was PERFECT for what I needed! It got ride of the blemishes, cleared the toxins, and gave me clear smooth skin within two flipping days. Since I do not break out often I continued to use this product once to twice a week. It has been great as a deep cleanser throughout the changing seasons.
- Real Techniques Kabuki Brush Wal-Mart for $14.97 I am currently waiting for this to be delivered. I originally purchased this Kabuki brush from Marshall’s for $8.97 back in May. Unfortunately, I lost it in Kenya along with a few other products and items … This brush is simply wonderful and a must in all make-up bags! Its hairs are so soft it makes application smooth and easy. The shape allows you to use it for multiple applications including bronzer and blush along with highlight and contour. The package is lidded making it easy to stay clean while on the go.
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara Sephora for $21 Edit Unfortunately, like my kabuki brush I lost my full sized one in Kenya as well. Since I had to replace it along with a few other pricey products I tried to save a bit. So lucky for me I was able to grab this mini with my VIB points at Sephora. I am that girl with the tiniest lashes constantly trying to make them look longer and fuller! This product does exactly that plus it lasts long (10 – 12 hours) and easy to wipe off, amazing!
- Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concelear Sephora for $38 EditSince I have dark circles under my eyes concealer is a must for me! Because of that I have tried many products including the most popular – Nars ( light and did not give enough coverage), along with Lancome, and Christian Dior (also good). But I return to my beloved MJ, colour #07 Bright – Deep! This product gives you a great long lasting coverage while it is smooth, creamy, and leaves a light weight finish. Great for everyday use.
- Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder Sephora for $21 EditI did mention I am not crazy about make up but who does not love a little glow to their face? Before I talk about how amazing and wonderful this product is let me begin by saying IT SMELLS FREAKING AMAZING! Alright moving forward – I use shade #04 Fiji – medium. This bronzer gives you just enough shimmer and colour for daily usage. With a light and soft coverage it leaves a very natural look. It is far from strong, dark or over powering, hurray to no streaks.
- Essence Lip Liner for $1.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart Who does not love cheap stuff? I know I know not when it comes to make-up, I totally agree. Last thing I want is a reaction from a product I used because I opted for the cheaper version. BUT these lip liners are
bombthey are just everything (waves hands up) in terms of their colour and smoothness. Seriously though, I could not be bothered with lip gloss or lip stick. I am a huge fan of lip stains but I save those for weekends, nights out and such. As for everyday, these are my go to! Sad thing is they do not last long, which is expected with cheap products and I am okay with that. I have tried to find higher quality ones in the same to similar mauve and dark purple colours but can not seem to find any, thus I have given up! So imma stick to my cheap liners for now. I use #05 Soft Berry(darker) along with #06 Satin Mauve (pinkish purple/mauve).
- Burberry Brit Perfume at Sephora for $116 You know when you love some thing but at the same time you don’t? That is me when it comes to perfume, in the sense that I have two or three expensive ones and a few cheaper ones. I am not crazy about it and really I would be good with one or two. Anyways I got this as a gift for my birthday last year (2014) and was not quick into using it ( I don’t know why) until mid 2015. Although, I constantly was using the roller ball and lotion it came with. Once my brother accidentally broke it I started using this like crazy! I would say the scent is a classic one. It is fresh, cool, but also floral like – not to strong.
And that is my collection of my essential daily go to skin care, beauty, and make-up products. These are the products that have personally worked for me within 2015 and even before. They are also those that I love and prefer.
Peace and Love,
“Beauty is not flawless; it shines even through your flaws.”