The last two times I baked and decorated a cake I was in a hurry and was unable to properly take you guys through the steps. So keep reading as I show you how I decorate a floral wreath cake.
As previously mention I am not the best baker and I very rarely do so from scratch. So yes this is another cake made with my fav mix by Great Value. First things first, preheat your oven prior to mixing!
- Devils Chocolate Cake Mix by Great Value
- Cooking Oil
- Electric Mixer or a bowl and whisk
- *Tall Glass/Mug
- Piping Bag
- Wilton Piping Tip #12 #104
- Piping Coupler & Ring
- *Cake Turner
- Square Wax Sheets
- Flower Nail Turner
- *= not necessary
- Start by mixing your ingredients together in a bowl or your electric mixer. I like to quickly mix the cake mixture to smooth out any clumps then add the ingredients starting with one egg at a time and a bit of oil followed by water etc.
- Once your mixture is smooth and lump free you may pour it into your pan.
- Promptly add your pan into the oven. Don’t forget to set your timer!
- As your cake bakes, start your buttercream. Click Here for my Cinnamon Buttercream Recipe post.
- Assemble your piping bag by placing your coupler inside as far as it can go, then cut the end. Place your tip followed by your ring on top, from the outside of your piping bag. Click Here for a short video by Lydia Bakes showing you how.
- Place your piping bag in a tall glass. This makes it easier to place your buttercream in the piping bag.
- After placing the buttercream in the piping bag, slowly smooth it out and push it downwards.
- Now start your buttercream roses! Click Here for detailed steps by Wilton showing you how to create beautiful buttercream roses.
- As you work on the flowers, after completing a few place them in the fridge. Allow at least 15 mins to let them dry and stay firm nicely.
- Add some buttercream to the top of your cake, smooth it around to your liking.
- Now begin by placing your flowers however you’d like!
- Add your final touches, a sign some beads and or sprinkles then your done😋👅
I hope you all enjoyed this. Give it a try, have some fun, and enjoy a yummy cake!
Peace and Love,